Friday, November 9, 2007

No More Nana's?


Did anyone else happen to catch that small fact in Greg Cox's article yesterday? The Pit is opening in the Warehouse district. Nana's Chophouse will close for a week and basically re-open as The Pit.

I've been talking about this with my friends and I guess Nana's wasn't doing so well? There do seem to be a lot of high end restaurants downtown. The choices in establishments seem to be fancy or super casual. It will be nice to have a new casual restaurant, but at the expense of a really good one?

I'm not a bar-hopper anymore, but it seems like that part of town is becoming much more of a club area, so perhaps an upscale restaurant doesn't fit anymore? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this one.

1 comment:

j Hickman said...

Nana's had been going downhill since Greg Hatem forced out Scott Howell. I guess he learned what a stupid move that was. Mitchell's flagship restaurant closed down in Wilson more than a year ago. If Mitchell can't make it in Wilson what makes anyone think it can make it in Raleigh. With Hatem's involement this place is destined to fail and in short order.